Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Winter 2019:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to email@example.com.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Time for Expansion Baseball, edited by Maxwell Kates and Bill Nowlin
- Base Ball’s 19th Century “Winter” Meetings, 1857-1900, edited by Jeremy K. Hodges and Bill Nowlin
- 1995 Cleveland Indians: The Sleeping Giant Awakes, edited by Joseph Wancho
- Charles Ebbets: The Man Behind the Dodgers and Brooklyn’s Beloved Ballpark, by John G. Zinn
- The Days of Rube, Matty, Honus and Ty: Secens from the Early Deadball Era, 1904-1907, by Chuck Kimberly
- Bobby Maduro and the Cuban Sugar Kings, by Lou Hernandez
- The Last Yankee Dodgers: Fred Kipp, from Brooklyn to Los Angeles and the Bronx, by Fred Kipp and Scott Kipp
- Last Seasons in Havana: The Castro Revolution and the End of Professional Baseball in Cuba, by Cesar Brioso
- K: A History of Baseball in Ten Pitches, by Tyler Kepner
- 108 Stiches, by Ron Darling
- The New York Yankees in Popular Culture, edited by David Krell
- The Cleveland Indians, 1946-1960, by Shawn Eckhart
- San Diego’s First Padres and “The Kid”: The Story of the Remarkable 1936 San Diego Padres and Ted Williams’ Professional Baseball Debut, by Tom Larwin, Carlos Bauer, Dan Boyle, Frank Myers, and Larry Zuckerman
- Great American Baseball Stories, edited by Jeff Silverman
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
Originally published: February 5, 2019. Last Updated: August 21, 2020.