Mark Rucker (1949 – ) is a photographic historian who has edited or provided photos for dozens of articles and books on baseball over the past 40 years. He is the founder of Transcendental Graphics and The Rucker Archive, which provide access to rare sports images from the past two centuries. He served as the Visual Consultant for Ken Burns’ Baseball documentary series and collaborated notably with Peter C. Bjarkman on Smoke: The Romance And Lore Of Cuban Baseball, with David Nemec on The Beer and Whisky League: The Illustrated History of the American Association — Baseball’s Renegade Major League, and with Lawrence Ritter on The Babe: A Life in Pictures.
- Click here to read John Thorn’s profile of Mark Rucker in the Spring 2023 Baseball Research Journal
- Listen to Mark Rucker’s interview with Rob Neyer on SABRcast #46 in 2020
- Mark Rucker was the recipient of SABR’s Bob Davids Award in 2010
- Mark Rucker was the recipient of a SABR Salute in 2001
- Read more articles by Mark Rucker in the SABR Research Collection