SABR 43: Registration Information
For complete information about the convention — including schedule, ballgame and hotel — visit SABR.org/convention.
Please note that online registration is no longer available at SABR.org. On-site registration will be available beginning Wednesday, July 31.
Full registration for SABR members is $199; non-members: $252.
Single-day registration for SABR 43 will be available on-site at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown beginning Wednesday, July 31. The daily rate is $79 for SABR members or non-members, and it can be purchased during normal registration hours via cash, check or credit card (sorry, no American Express accepted.) See the SABR 43 schedule for when the registration desk is open. Click here for more details on single-day registration.
Please note: Single-day rates are only available for Thursday, August 1; Friday, August 2; or Saturday, August 3. Registration includes access to all panel discussions, research presentations and committee meetings. It does not include admission to the Awards Luncheon or the Phillies game on Friday.
Here is registration information for SABR 43 in Philadelphia:
Please note that the special all-inclusive rate for SABR 43 has expired. Our block of Phillies game tickets is now sold out.
You can still register for the convention, the Awards Banquet and all off-site events on-site at the Marriott, but the discounted all-inclusive rate and our block of Phillies game tickets are no longer available as of Saturday, June 15.
REGULAR CONVENTION, SPECIAL EVENT RATES
SABR members and non-members who wish to purchase registration and Awards Luncheon tickets separately can do so at the following rates:
includes access to all panel discussions, research presentations, committee meetings and other on-site events.
- SABR members: $199
- Non-members: $252
Historical Philadelphia Walking Tour on Wednesday, July 31
- No fee; check-in will be available on-site at the hotel when you pick up your registration packet. Tour is limited to 25 people, and it is first-come, first-serve.
Awards Banquet on Friday, August 2
- Awards Banquet: $45
If you have special dietary considerations, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phillies vs. Braves game on Friday, August 2
Please note that SABR’s block of Phillies game tickets in the Terrace Deck section is now sold out.
To purchase tickets to the ballgame on your own, click here to go to the single-game tickets section at Phillies.com.
Note: For those of you who purchased a Phillies game ticket from SABR, you will be able to redeem your game ticket at the registration desk using the chit system. If you do not care with whom you sit, you should turn your chit into your game ticket right away at the hotel. But if you want to sit with a friend, wait to turn in your chits at the registration desk at the same time, thereby getting tickets next to one another.
Vintage 1860s Base Ball Game on Saturday, August 3
- A game with rules from the 1860s will be played at 12th and Wharton Streets in South Philadelphia. SABR members Dennis Link and Jeff Watson will be playing for the Athletic Club. No fee, but transportation is on your own. The Route 23 bus from the Marriott at 12th and Market travels south on 12th Street and will get you to the game in about 12 minutes. The return trip goes north on 11th Street. The game can also be reached by using the Broad Street Subway and walking. See the Transportation Tips page at SABR.org for more details.Be sure to come to the game hungry. Three blocks east of the game, at 9th and Wharton, is the cheesesteak capital of the world. At that corner are two of Philadelphia’s best cheesesteak shops, Pat’s and Geno’s. See the Connie Mack Chapter table near the Registration I Desk area on the 5th floor for more information.
Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour on Sunday, August 4
- Fee: $30
This optional bus tour, led by Philadelphia baseball historian Jerry Casway, will visit many former ballpark sites, including homes of the Phillies, the Athletics and the Stars, along with other baseball-related sites in North Philadelphia. Tour is limited to first 45 registrants.
UPDATE 5/31/2013: Please note that the optional Philadelphia Historical Ballparks Bus Tour, scheduled for Sunday, August 4, is now sold out. If you wish to be placed on a waiting list in case a spot opens up, please e-mail Deb Jayne at email@example.com by Monday, July 15. If we have enough people on the waiting list to secure a second bus, we will contact you with details.
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to make it easier for you to register or add guests/spouses for the convention, here are step-by-step instructions on how to register for SABR 43.
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 full registration, 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 ticket to the Phillies vs. Braves game on Friday night.
- 1) Click here to go the SABR Store.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: Select your registration rate — All-Inclusive or Regular Registration.
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: Skip this section if you selected the All-Inclusive rate above. If you selected Regular Registration, you can now add any of our optional events here: the Awards Banquet, the Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour or Phillies Game Ticket.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your own badge information, including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a guest(s) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button. See further instructions below*. If you wish to check out — click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
- 5) Checkout (Step 1 of 2): Verify that your registration information is correct and scroll down to fill out your billing information. Then click the “Proceed to Confirmation” button.
- 6) Checkout (Step 2 of 2): If everything on the screen is correct — click “Complete Order”. Your credit card will not be charged until you complete the checkout process.
TO ADD A GUEST/SPOUSE TO BANQUET AND GAME
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 ticket to the Phillies vs. Braves game on Friday night.
If you wish to purchase an additional game, banquet or off-site tour ticket for a guest or spouse, here’s how:
- 1) Follow steps 1-4 above. Then select the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: To add a guest for only the game, banquet or off-site tour, select the “Guest-Only (Optional Ticket)” button for $0. If your guest would like to register for the entire convention, you can choose either the All-Inclusive or Regular Rate.
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: Select one or more events for your guest to attend: the Awards Banquet, the Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour or Phillies Game Ticket.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your guest’s badge information (Attendee #2), including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a third guest (Attendee #3) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button again and repeat this process. When you are ready to check out, click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
If you have trouble registering for SABR 43, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complete information about the SABR 43 convention, visit SABR.org/convention.
© SABR. All Rights Reserved