July 5-9, 2023
Palmer House Hilton
Join us in Chicago this summer for SABR’s 51st annual convention! Conference and hotel registration for SABR 51 is now available below. Click here for complete details on the SABR 51 All-Inclusive Package, Early-Bird Registration, and optional sessions.
The annual SABR convention, which is open to all baseball fans, includes top featured speakers from around the baseball world — front office executives, players, managers, scouts, journalists, historians, and analysts — innovative panel discussions, groundbreaking research presentations, ballgames, the SABR Trivia Contest, the Awards Banquet, and most of all, the opportunity to make and renew baseball friendships over the course of this exciting and memorable event.
- Registration: Click here for complete information on the SABR 51 All-Inclusive Package, Early-Bird Registration, and optional sessions. Or click here to register for SABR 51! We’re again offering a special All-Inclusive Package for the annual SABR convention. For the $339 all-inclusive rate, SABR members can get:
— Full registration to SABR 51 in Chicago (regular registration: $299 for SABR members or $369 for non-members)
— 1 seated ticket in the Lower Box Corners (sections 109-112) to the White Sox vs. Cardinals game on Friday, July 7 at Guaranteed Rate Park ($38 value)
— 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon on Thursday, July 6 ($90 value)
— 1 ticket to the Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening, July 5
— 1 exclusive lapel pin with the SABR 51 convention logo
Non-members can pay $399 for the All-Inclusive Package; the deadline to register is Monday, June 5, 2023.
- Hotel: The special SABR group rate at the Palmer House Hilton of $224/night plus tax (single/double occupancy) is only available to registered convention attendees. After you register for the SABR 51 convention, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with details on how to book your hotel room at the SABR group rate. There are a limited number of rooms in our group block, so be sure to register for SABR 51 early!
- Awards Luncheon: SABR will host a special Awards Luncheon on Thursday, July 6 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. The Awards Luncheon, which includes a meal, will feature the announcement of SABR’s annual awards — including the Bob Davids Award, our highest honor. One ticket to the Awards Banquet is included in the All-Inclusive Package or guest tickets are available for $90 when you register for SABR 51. Please select your meal choice — Amish Airline Chicken Breast, Blackened Salmon, Spinach Artichoke Ravioli, or Kosher ($25 extra) — when you register. Meals include entree and sides, salad, dessert, iced tea/coffee. The Kosher meal will come from an outside Kosher kitchen. If you have any other special dietary considerations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research presentations: SABR invites all members to present their research findings to their colleagues attending SABR 51. The deadline to submit your abstract is March 5, 2023. Click here for complete details and application form.
- Yoseloff Scholarship: Students, click here to learn more about a Yoseloff Scholarship to attend SABR 51 in Chicago. The deadline to apply is April 21, 2023.
The Palmer House Hilton sits in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located within walking distance from the famous lakefront, Chicago River, Michigan Avenue, and DuSable Lake Shore Drive with Grant Park, Millennium Park, the Art Institute as well as top restaurants, bars, theater, and music venues. Chicago is one of the most visited and historic cities in baseball, home of the White Sox and Cubs, founding teams of the American League and National League, and with a rich Negro Leagues history.
Pre-order your SABR 51 convention logo shirts or caps online
- Polo shirt: $40
- T-shirt: $20
- Baseball cap: $30
(Each item will feature the SABR 51 convention logo)
Avoid the rush at registration, and pre-order your SABR 51 convention logo polo shirt, T-shirt, or baseball cap online! Please indicate shirt size (adult S to XXXL) when you register. Items will be available to be picked up when you arrive at the SABR convention. (Sorry, we cannot mail out any pre-ordered items after the convention.) Caps are one-size-fit-most.
To guarantee that you get a SABR 51 convention logo shirt or cap, please place your order online by June 5, 2023.
To purchase apparel and other items with SABR’s regular logo at any time, visit our online merch store at Cafepress.
All guests must adhere to SABR’s Event Code of Conduct at all times. We are dedicated to maintaining an open, inclusive environment at all SABR events.
- Registration help: Need some help registering for SABR 51? Click here for a short tutorial video.
- SABR Convention History: Click here for a multimedia look back at SABR’s first 50 conventions dating back to 1971.