July 5-9, 2023
Palmer House Hilton
Join us in Chicago this summer for SABR’s 51st annual convention! Conference and hotel registration for SABR 51 is now available below. Click here for complete details on SABR 51 registration. Find the full schedule here.
The annual SABR convention, which is open to all baseball fans, includes featured speakers from around the baseball world — front office executives, players, managers, scouts, journalists, historians, and analysts — innovative panel discussions, groundbreaking research presentations, ballgames, the SABR Trivia Contest, the Awards Banquet, and most of all, the opportunity to make and renew baseball friendships over the course of this exciting and memorable event.
- Registration: Click here for complete information on SABR 51 registration. Or click here to register for SABR 51! Regular registration is $299 for SABR members; $369 for non-members. Single-day registration is $135 for SABR members; $165 for non-members for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
- Hotel: The special SABR group rate at the Palmer House Hilton of $224/night plus tax (single/double occupancy) is only available to registered convention attendees. After you register for the SABR 51 convention, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with details on how to book your hotel room at the SABR group rate. Please note: The cut-off date to book your hotel room at the SABR group rate is Friday, June 9, 2023.
- Historical Ballparks Bus Tour: Reserve your seat on our guided bus tour of Chicago Historical Ballparks on Saturday, July 8. Tickets are $30 per person. Space is limited. Click here to learn more.
- Schedule: Click here to view the full daily schedule.
- Featured Speakers: Click here to learn more about our Featured Speakers.
- Research Presentations: Click here for the full list of SABR 51 research presentations.
- Poster Presentations: Click here for the full list of SABR 51 poster presentations.
- Committee Meetings: Click here for the schedule of SABR 51 committee meetings.
- Transportation Tips: Members of the host Emil Rothe Chicago Chapter have compiled a list of transportation tips to help visitors and convention attendees enjoy their stay in the Windy City. Click here for more information.
- Exhibitors Room: Learn more about our SABR 51 exhibitors.
Click here to learn more about our Featured Speakers at SABR 51
- White Sox play-by-play and Fox Sports national broadcaster Jason Benetti will deliver the Keynote Address during the convention’s Awards Luncheon.
- White Sox World Series-winning manager and former shortstop Ozzie Guillén, now a TV analyst for NBC Sports Chicago, will speak on our Players Panel, moderated by Chuck Garfien of NBC Sports Chicago.
- Legendary team owner, promoter, and publicist Mike Veeck will be featured in “Fun is Good: A Veeck Family Legacy,” a conversation highlighting his family’s storied impact on baseball and its deep Chicago ties.
- A panel on Black Baseball in Chicago will include James Brunson III, Leslie Heaphy, and Adrian Burgos Jr., moderated by Louis Moore.
- Chase Carpenter, the Chicago Cubs’ Senior Director, Strategy and Analytics, will deliver Opening Remarks.
- Longtime MLB executive and SABR Director Dan Evans and filmmaker Matt Flesch will host a Q&A and film screening of Last Comiskey, a new documentary on the Chicago White Sox’ final season at Comiskey Park in 1990.
- A panel on the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League will include former player and women’s baseball ambassador Maybelle Blair, with Dr. Kat Williams of the International Women’s Baseball Center, and Kristie Erickson of The History Museum in South Bend.
- Panel discussion on Reimagining Wrigley with Chicago Cubs team historian Ed Hartig, Populous Brand Activation Manager Kelly Holton, and award-winning sports writer Fred Mitchell.
- Beloved ballpark organist Nancy Faust will provide entertainment during the SABR 51 Welcome Reception on Wednesday, July 5.
- Stay tuned for more speakers and panelists to be announced soon!
Please note: All speakers are subject to change due to availability.
The Palmer House Hilton sits in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located within walking distance from the famous lakefront, Chicago River, Michigan Avenue, and DuSable Lake Shore Drive with Grant Park, Millennium Park, the Art Institute as well as top restaurants, bars, theater, and music venues. Chicago is one of the most visited and historic cities in baseball, home of the White Sox and Cubs, founding teams of the American League and National League, and with a rich Negro Leagues history.
Celebrating 20K Raffle: This summer, SABR will welcome the 20,000th national convention attendee in its history. To celebrate this significant milestone, one lucky SABR 51 attendee will win FREE registration for the next five SABR conventions — including hotel accommodations — beginning in 2024!
To be eligible for the Celebrating 20K Raffle, you simply need to be an active SABR member, sign up for a full SABR 51 convention registration (either all-inclusive or regular registration rate), and pick up your registration packet at the convention registration check-in area at the Palmer House Hilton hotel during the convention. We’ll announce the winner of the Celebrating 20K Raffle during the SABR 51 Awards Luncheon on Saturday, July 8. Attendance at the Awards Luncheon is not necessary to enter the raffle or to win the grand prize.
All guests must adhere to SABR’s Event Code of Conduct at all times. We are dedicated to maintaining an open, inclusive environment at all SABR events.
- Registration help: Need some help registering for SABR 51? Click here for a short tutorial video.
- SABR Convention History: Click here for a multimedia look back at SABR’s first 50 conventions dating back to 1971.