Join us in Baltimore to celebrate a special occasion this summer: SABR’s 50th annual convention! Conference and hotel registration for SABR 50 is now available below. Click here for complete details on the SABR 50 All-Inclusive Package, Early-Bird Registration, and optional sessions. Or click here to register for SABR 50.
The annual SABR convention, which is open to all baseball fans, includes top featured speakers from around the baseball world — front office executives, players, managers, scouts, journalists, historians, and analysts — innovative panel discussions, groundbreaking research presentations, ballgames, the SABR Trivia Contest, the Awards Banquet, and most of all, the opportunity to make and renew baseball friendships over the course of this exciting and memorable event.
Attendees at our SABR 50 convention this summer in Baltimore will have a special opportunity to visit Camden Yards for an exclusive Day at the Ballpark session on the morning of Thursday, July 16 to hear from Baltimore Orioles executives and players. Guest speakers and more details will be announced later this spring. Access to the Day at the Ballpark session at Camden Yards is included in your registration for SABR 50. We’ll return to Camden Yards on Friday night for a game between the Orioles and Tampa Bay Rays.
Our featured speakers for SABR 50 are expected to include:
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN analyst, author of three baseball books, and Maryland native
- Janet Marie Smith, who oversaw the building of Camden Yards and the revitalization of Baltimore’s waterfront
- Sig Mejdal, Baltimore Orioles Vice President and Assistant GM
Stay tuned for more speakers and panelists to be announced later this year!
The Hyatt Regency hotel sits on the waterfront at the majestic Inner Harbor and is conveniently located within walking distance from Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles. Our host hotel is also close to many area museums, historic landmarks, and other attractions like the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum, the Peabody Heights Brewery, and the National Aquarium.
Anyone who registers for the SABR 50 All-Inclusive Package will receive an exclusive lapel pin with the SABR 50 convention logo.
Click on a link below for more information about SABR 50.
SABR 50 information
- Registration: Click here for complete information on the SABR 50 All-Inclusive Package, Early-Bird Registration, and optional sessions. Or click here to register for SABR 50! We’re again offering a special All-Inclusive Package for the annual SABR convention. For the $329 all-inclusive rate, SABR members can get:
— Full registration to SABR 50 in Baltimore (early-bird: $269; regular rate: $289)
— 1 seated ticket in the Eutaw Street Bleachers section to the Orioles vs. Rays game on Friday, July 17 at Camden Yards ($20 value)
— 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet on Thursday evening, July 16 ($70 value)
— Access to the Day at the Ballpark session on Thursday morning, July 16 at Camden Yards
— 1 ticket to the Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening, July 15
— 1 exclusive SABR 50 convention logo lapel pin
Non-members can pay $359 for the All-Inclusive Package; the deadline to register is Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Hotel: The special SABR group rate at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor of $199/night plus tax (single/double occupancy) is only available to registered convention attendees. After you register for the SABR 50 convention, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with details on how to book your hotel room at the SABR group rate. There are a limited number of rooms in our group block, so be sure to register for SABR 50 early!
- Awards Banquet: SABR will host a special Awards Banquet on Thursday evening, July 16 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor in Baltimore. The Awards Banquet, which includes a meal, will feature the announcement of SABR’s annual awards — including the Bob Davids Award, our highest honor. One ticket to the Awards Banquet is included in the All-Inclusive Package or guest tickets are available for $70 when you register for SABR 50. Please select your meal choice — chicken, salmon, vegan, or kosher ($30 extra) — when you register. All meals include entree and side, crab soup appetizer, salad, dessert, iced tea/coffee. If you have any other special dietary considerations, please contact Deb Jayne at email@example.com.
- Research presentations: SABR invites all members to present their research findings to their colleagues attending SABR 50. The deadline to submit your abstract is Sunday, March 1, 2020. Click here for complete details and application form.
- Yoseloff Scholarship: Students, click here to learn more about a Yoseloff Scholarship to attend SABR 50 in Baltimore. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 29, 2020.
Day at the Ballpark: Camden Yards
Attendees at our SABR 50 convention this summer in Baltimore will have a special opportunity to visit Camden Yards for an exclusive Day at the Ballpark session on the morning of Thursday, July 16 to hear from Baltimore Orioles executives and players.
Guest speakers and more details will be announced later this spring.
Access to the Day at the Ballpark session at Camden Yards is included with your registration ticket. Click here to register for SABR 50.
Get your copy of The National Pastime convention journal
All SABR 50 attendees will receive a souvenir print edition of The National Pastime, our annual convention journal, focusing on baseball teams, players, and events in Baltimore and Maryland. All SABR members, whether you attend the convention or not, will receive the e-book edition of The National Pastime in their inboxes later this summer. Click here to register for SABR 50.
Pre-order your SABR 50 convention logo shirts, caps, or souvenir baseballs
(Each item will feature the SABR 50 convention logo)
Avoid the rush at registration and pre-order your SABR 50 convention logo polo shirt, T-shirt, or baseball cap online! Deadline to pre-order: Monday, June 1, 2020. Please indicate shirt size (adult S to XXXL) when you register. Items will be available to be picked up when you arrive at the SABR convention. (Sorry, we cannot mail out any pre-ordered items after the convention.) Caps are one-size-fit-most.
To guarantee that you get a SABR 50 convention logo shirt or cap, please place your order online by Monday, June 1.
To purchase apparel and other items with SABR’s regular logo at any time, visit our online merch store at Cafepress.