SEPTEMBER 13, 2023 — As a SABR member, you have vast resources and benefits at your disposal. With so much information at your fingertips, we realize it can be overwhelming to absorb it all! To highlight key benefits, read on for this month’s SABR Member Benefit Spotlight, an email series that identifies and explains some of the most valuable features of your membership. We hope this allows you to take full advantage of all SABR has to offer. Today’s issue shows you how to search and access all of the new books from our Digital Library …
SABR DIGITAL LIBRARY
Did you know as a SABR member you get free digital access to over 95 baseball books, written, compiled and edited by fellow SABR members, with topics spanning a range of decades, teams, stadiums, and games? Soon, SABR will publish its 100th Digital Library book since 2011, a milestone which makes us incredibly proud! A non-member would pay $10 for each of these downloads, meaning members receive over $950 in value, making SABR’s Digital Library one of our most popular member benefits. Members can also purchase paperback copies at a 50% discount of retail price. See below for further instructions on how to access these publications through your membership.
How to Download or Purchase Books from SABR’s Digital Library:
- Start by visiting our homepage, sabr.org. Click on Publications in the main navigation bar across the screen. You should now be on the Digital Library’s home page.
- Scroll halfway down the page to see the latest publication that’s been released. Below the description you’ll see direct links to download digital versions or purchase a paperback copy.
- Keep scrolling down the page to see some of the covers of our most recent releases. You can click the red “Load More” button below to continue loading book covers. Or click here to see the complete collection of covers.
- Once you’ve found the book you’re interested in, click on that cover. You’ll see the description and contributors, followed by instructions for how to access the version of the book that you want. Click on that version and you’ll be taken to the main storefront.
- Once in the storefront, click View next to the version you want to add to your cart. On the next page, click Add Item. Make sure you are signed into your profile in order to get the member price! When viewing your cart, if you are not yet signed in you’ll see a message asking you Are You A Member? with a link to login at the top of the page. You can follow the sign in instructions there before being directed back to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout and complete the process. If you are downloading a digital copy, your price will read $0.00. If you are purchasing a paperback copy, your price displayed will be half off the original price. Please note it may take 3-4 weeks to receive your book shipped directly to your mailing address entered at checkout.
Here’s a short video on how to access the SABR Digital Library:
If you would like to get involved with SABR’s Digital Library, check out possible writing opportunities for upcoming publications or find out how to submit a proposal to the Editorial Board. New and experienced authors are always welcome to contribute! More helpful tips and guides can be found here.
If you have any questions or need assistance accessing or downloading books from the Digital Library, we are here to help.
— Jessica Smyth
Membership Services Manager, SABR
Originally published: September 12, 2023. Last Updated: September 14, 2023.