OCTOBER 15, 2020 — As 2020 draws to a close, SABR is excited to look ahead and celebrate a major milestone: the organization’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
SABR’s 50th Anniversary logo, created by SABR member and renowned sports designer Todd Radom, proudly commemorates the organization’s Golden Anniversary year.
“I’m so excited to lend a hand in helping SABR commemorate this milestone year. The logo is celebratory and rooted in baseball tradition, punctuated with a touch of bright gold — a reverent nod to SABR’s golden anniversary,” Radom said. “I’m proud to be a SABR member as we embark upon this landmark occasion, honoring the past and looking forward to a bright future together.”
In 2021, SABR members can look forward to celebratory events and programming including:
- SABR Day and Golden Ticket winner announcement on January 30
- SABR 50 convention, June 16-20 in Baltimore
- SABR 50 at 50 Project, a monthly web series recognizing the sport’s most impactful players, record-breaking feats, off-field figures, ballgames, books, films, stories, milestones, and baseball cards
- SABR 50 at 50, a special anthology book from the University of Nebraska Press highlighting SABR’s most essential research and historical contributions to the game
- Oral History interviews with SABR luminaries
- More to be announced soon!
In 2021, we will also continue working to fully digitize all previously published SABR research so it is searchable on SABR.org. There are additional plans to digitize the Rucker Archive and make 100,000-plus historical baseball images from that collection searchable. SABR will also begin cataloging and databasing research presentations from major conferences to make them part of the organization’s powerful baseball research online search tool.
“There is so much on deck for 2021 as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our founding,” SABR CEO Scott Bush said. “While commemorating the history of the game will always be at the core of SABR, we are excited to showcase how the organization will continue to help shape baseball’s future.”
To join SABR’s Golden Lineup of donors supporting the 50th Anniversary, visit SABR.org/donate/2020.
Originally published: October 15, 2020. Last Updated: October 13, 2020.