SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
March 17-20, 2022
The SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, presented by Major League Baseball and Rawlings, was held over four days in online sessions from March 17-20, 2022. We brought together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
The Virtual Analytics Conference schedule consisted of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available online for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend from the comfort of home.
Students had opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL. Student registration included a one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value).
We also presented the annual Diamond Dollars Virtual Case Competition, where undergraduate, graduate and professional school students from colleges and universities across the country competed against each other by preparing an analysis and presentation of a baseball operations decision — the type of decision a team’s GM and their staff is faced with over the course of a season.
We also launched the first course in our new online, on-demand SABR Analytics Certification program, Conversational Analytics and Critical Thinking in Baseball, which is available for all students, fans, and aspiring industry professionals.
For more highlights and clips from the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, click on a link below:
- Watch highlights from The Year in Baseball Analytics with Brian Kenny and Sarah Langs
- Watch highlights from The Technical Side of Being an Analyst panel, with Karim Kassam, Maggie O’Hara, Nick Wan, and Dan Aucoin
- Watch highlights from the Current Baseball Technology and Future Trends panel with Seth Daniels, Jacob Howenstein, Keenan Long, and Eno Sarris
- Watch highlights from the What is Biomechanics and How is it Used in Baseball? panel with Georgia Giblin, Bryson Nakamura, Ethan Stewart, and Megan Stewart
- Watch highlights from the Sport Science and Player Health panel with Ryan L. Crotin, Kristen Nicholson, Jason Themanson, and Will Carroll
- Watch highlights from the MLB FieldVision Demo and Deep Dive panel with Joel Feinberg, Clay Nunnally, Sid Sethupathi, and Ben Jedlovec
- Watch replays from the research presentations delivered at the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
- Learn more about the featured speakers at the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
- Tufts, St. John Fisher, Elon, Maggie Walker, and Branson School win Diamond Dollars Case Competition
- Emma Baccellieri, Brittany Ghiroli, and Eno Sarris were honored as the winners of the 2022 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards
Our featured speakers at the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference included:
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.