SABR 44: Registration Information
For complete information about the convention, visit SABR.org/convention.
Don’t forget to book your hotel room at the Royal Sonesta Houston; our room block usually goes quickly. Click here to book your room online! Deadline to book your room at the SABR group rate of $129/night (plus tax) is Monday, July 14, 2014. If you have any questions about your reservation, please call the hotel at (713) 627-7600.
Click a link below or scroll down for more information on SABR 44 registration:
- All-Inclusive Rate
- Regular Rate (a la carte)
- Single-Day Registration
- Pre-order your SABR 44 polo/T-shirt online
- How to Register
- To Add a Guest/Spouse
We’re again offering an all-inclusive rate for the annual SABR convention. SABR members can pay $234 for an all-inclusive package with a Field Box ticket to the Astros game or $214 for an all-inclusive package with a Mezzanine Level ticket — each package is a savings of $30 off the regular rate. Non-members can pay $299 (Field Box) or $279 (Mezzanine Level) for the all-inclusive rate.
Please note: The discounted all-inclusive rate is no longer available. Scroll down to learn more about the regular registration rate.
For the all-inclusive rate, you will receive:
- Full registration to SABR 44 in Houston (regular rate: $169 for SABR members or $219 for nonmembers)
- 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet ($50)
- Choose: 1 Field Box ticket to the Astros vs. Blue Jays game on Saturday, August 2 ($45)
1 Mezzanine Level ticket ($25)
Your SABR 44 Astros game ticket also provides you access to our exclusive SABR 44 ballpark session at Minute Maid Park. Come hear special panel discussions with Astros executives and players before the game!
The all-inclusive rate DOES NOT INCLUDE these off-site events: Houston City History Tour ($25) on Wednesday, July 30; the Sugar Land Skeeters game ($35/$50) on Thursday, July 31; and the Historical Ballparks Site Tour ($25) on Sunday, August 3. The off-site events must be purchased separately at the SABR Store or by calling Deb Jayne at (602) 343-6450.
Deadline to register at the all-inclusive rate is Monday, June 9, 2014.
SABR members and non-members who wish to purchase registration, banquet tickets and game tickets and off-site events separately can do so at the following rates:
includes access to all panel discussions, research presentations, committee meetings and other on-site events.
- SABR members: $199 (after June 9); the $169 early rate is no longer available
- Non-members: $249 (after June 9); the $219 early rate is no longer available
Houston City History Tour on Wednesday, July 30
- Houston City History Tour: $25 SOLD OUT!
Note: To be placed on a waiting list in case a spot opens up, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This combined bus/walking tour will leave from the Royal Sonesta and head to Minute Maid Park, where we’ll walk around Downtown Houston and give tour-goers a taste of Bayou City history. Tour guide Mike Vance, a SABR member and Executive Director of Houston Arts and Media, is one of the top historians and storytellers in Houston. He will have dozens of stories to share along the walk. Participants will see the site of an early capitol of the Republic of Texas, now a historic hotel where JFK stayed the day before he was assassinated. There will be stops to see stellar art deco architecture and gleaming modern skyscrapers mixed in with tales of dueling, Civil War murder and oil barons. The bus will leave the hotel at 1 p.m. and return at 4 p.m. Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, July 8, 2014. Tour limited to 56 people and is subject to cancellation. Participants are asked to dress comfortably, wear shorts and sunscreen and bring your cameras and bottled water.
Sugar Land Skeeters game on Thursday, July 31
- Game ticket, bus, and all-you-can-eat pregame buffet: $50 SOLD OUT!
- Game ticket and bus: $35 SOLD OUT! Note: To be placed on a waiting list in case a spot opens up, please e-mail email@example.com
We’ll visit brand-new Constellation Park, home of the Atlantic League’s Sugar Land Skeeters, about 20 miles southwest of downtown Houston for a game between the Skeeters and the Bridgeport Bluefish. Before the game, former Houston Astros president and SABR member Tal Smith will welcome SABR 44 attendees before the game, and an optional all-you-can-eat buffet will be served.
Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, July 8, 2014. Buses will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Awards Banquet on Friday, August 1
- Awards Banquet: $50
If you have special dietary considerations, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astros vs. Blue Jays game on Saturday, August 2
A special treat is in store for SABR 44 attendees. On Saturday, August 2, SABR convention attendees will have the opportunity to visit Minute Maid Park for an exclusive ballpark session with Houston Astros executives and players. Before the Astros’ 6:05 p.m. game against the Toronto Blue Jays, two SABR 44 panel discussions will take place inside the ballpark’s Champions Pavilion, just above center field on the Mezzanine Level at Minute Maid Park. Guest speakers and more details will be announced soon.
Please note: Our block of Astros game tickets is no longer available. You can purchase a game ticket on your own by visiting Astros.com. The SABR block of tickets will be around Sections 128-29 in the Field Box I-III level, and around Section 254 in the Mezzanine Level.
Please note: Purchase of SABR 44 conference registration AND a game ticket will be required to attend this special session at the ballpark. You can purchase your game ticket as part of the SABR ticket block or on your own, but you must have a ticket to enter the ballpark for the SABR 44 panels on Saturday. Registration will NOT be available at the ballpark; you must register for SABR 44 at the hotel before 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 2.
SABR has reserved a block of tickets in the Field Box I-III and the Mezzanine Level sections. Both tickets will enable you to visit the exclusive SABR 44 ballpark session before the game. Click here for a seating chart at Astros.com.
- Field Box: $45
- Mezzanine Level: $25
* Your purchase of a SABR 44 game ticket includes roundtrip bus transportation to and from Minute Maid Park. There will be one bus departing from the hotel early for the special ballpark session, and a separate bus departing from the hotel closer to game time for anyone attending only the game and not the special ballpark session. All SABR 44 buses will depart from Minute Maid Park about 30 minutes following the end of the game.
How to pick up your ticket: You will be able to redeem your game ticket at the registration desk using the chit system. If you do not care with whom you sit, you should turn your chit into your game ticket right away at the hotel. But if you want to sit with a friend, first make sure you have tickets in the same section — the SABR registration desk will not accept exchanges in different sections after you make your purchase — and then wait to turn in your chits at the same time, thereby getting tickets next to one another.
Historical Ballparks Site Tour on Sunday, August 3
- Fee: $25 SOLD OUT!
Note: To be placed on a waiting list in case a spot opens up, please e-mail email@example.com
This bus tour leaves from the hotel and will include stops at the sites of the three minor league and two former major league ballparks that hosted professional baseball in Houston from the 1870s until 1999. There will also be drive-bys of a few semi-pro baseball locations where former major leaguers stayed in the game after their days in the majors had ended. The tour culminates with a visit to the Astrodome, the most architecturally significant stadium in America. Participants will all receive a ballpark maps handout. Bus will leave the hotel at 10 a.m. and return at 1 p.m. Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, July 8, 2014. Tour limited to 56 people. Subject to cancellation. More details will be available soon!
Single-day registration for SABR 44 is now available online for $79 per day. Click here to register for SABR 44. (Scroll down for details.)
Single-day registration is available for Thursday, July 31; Friday, August 1; and/or Saturday, August 2. The rate includes admission to all convention panels, research presentations, and committee meetings at the Royal Sonesta Houston. The rate does NOT include the following optional events:
- Thursday, July 31: Single-day rate does NOT include a ticket to the Sugar Land Skeeters game. In order to attend the Skeeters game, you must purchase an optional game ticket.
- Friday, August 1: Single-day rate does NOT include a ticket to the SABR 44 Awards Luncheon. In order to attend the Awards Luncheon, you must purchase an optional banquet ticket.
- Saturday, August 2: Single-day rate does NOT include a ticket to the Houston Astros game or SABR 44 ballpark session at Minute Maid Park. In order to attend the exclusive SABR 44 ballpark session and the Astros game, you must purchase an Astros game ticket.
Single-day rates also will be available on-site at the Royal Sonesta Houston beginning Wednesday, July 30. The daily rate is $79 for SABR members or non-members, and it can be purchased during normal registration hours via cash, check or credit card (sorry, no American Express accepted.)
Click here for more information on single-day registration at SABR 44.
- SABR 44 polo shirt: $35
- SABR 44 T-shirt: $20
Avoid the rush at registration, and pre-order your SABR 44 polo shirt or T-shirt online! Deadline to pre-order: Monday, June 9, 2014. Please indicate shirt size when you register. Shirts will be available to be picked up at SABR 44.
Please note: A VERY LIMITED number of polo shirts and T-shirts will be available for purchase on-site at SABR 44. To guarantee that you get a SABR 44 shirt, please place your order online by June 9.
In order to make it easier for you to register or add guests/spouses for the convention, here are step-by-step instructions on how to register for SABR 44.
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 full registration, 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 Field Box ticket to the Astros vs. Blue Jays game on Saturday night.
- 1) Click here to go to the SABR Store.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: Select your registration rate — All-Inclusive Field Box, All-Inclusive Mezzanine Level, or Regular Registration. (Please note: The all-inclusive packages are no longer available.)
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: You can now add any of our optional events here: the Awards Banquet*, the Houston City History Tour, the Sugar Land Skeeters Game Ticket, the Astros game ticket*, or the Historical Ballparks Site Tour.
* Reminder: 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 Astros game ticket is included in the All-Inclusive package.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your own badge information, including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a guest(s) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button. See further instructions below*. If you wish to check out — click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
- 5) Checkout (Step 1 of 2): Verify that your registration information is correct and scroll down to fill out your billing information. Then click the “Proceed to Confirmation” button.
- 6) Checkout (Step 2 of 2): If everything on the screen is correct — click “Complete Order”. Your credit card will not be charged until you complete the checkout process.
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 ticket to the Astros vs. Blue Jays game on Saturday night.
If you wish to purchase an additional game, banquet or off-site tour ticket for a guest or spouse, here’s how:
- 1) Follow steps 1-4 above. Then select the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: To add a guest for only the game, banquet or off-site tour, select the “Guest-Only (Optional Ticket)” button for $0. If your guest would like to register for the entire convention, you can choose either the All-Inclusive or Regular Rate.
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: Select one or more events for your guest to attend: the Awards Banquet, the Houston City History Tour, the Sugar Land Skeeters Game Ticket, the Astros game ticket, or the Historical Ballparks Site Tour.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your guest’s badge information (Attendee #2), including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a third guest (Attendee #3) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button again and repeat this process. When you are ready to check out, click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
If you have trouble registering for SABR 44, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complete information about the SABR 44 convention, visit SABR.org/convention.
© SABR. All Rights Reserved