We hope you'll join us for the 10th annual SABR Arizona Fall League Experience, which will be held Thursday, November 1 to Saturday, November 3, 2018.
The event will feature four AFL games showcasing baseball's top prospects. On Friday night, we'll come together for a special poolside taco bar dinner at our host hotel, The Saguaro, just steps away from Scottsdale Stadium and many Old Town Scottsdale attractions. On Saturday morning after our conference breakfast, attendees will join members of SABR's Hemond-Delhi Arizona Chapter for their regional fall meeting with research presentations and guest speakers. We'll conclude the conference with the nationally televised Fall Stars Game on Saturday evening at Surprise Stadium. All of this is included in one low registration price.
- Register now by clicking here! Registration is $199 for all SABR members and guests before October 12, 2018; $239 afterward.
- Host hotel: SABR's recommended hotel is The Saguaro (4000 North Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251) in Old Town Scottsdale. Click here to book your room online or call the hotel at (480) 470-8247 and mention "SABR" to book your room at our special group rate of $129/night (plus tax).
Your registration fee includes four game tickets; an AFL Media Guide; the poolside taco bar dinner on Friday and the conference breakfast on Saturday.
You can find the full schedule online at SABR.org/AFL. See you soon in Arizona!
Note: Local or visiting SABR members can purchase extra or optional tickets to the Friday evening poolside taco bar dinner ($45) at The Saguaro, the Saturday morning breakfast at The Saguaro ($25), or any of the ballgames, including the Fall Stars Game at Surprise Stadium ($7 apiece). Extra AFL Media Guides ($12) are also available for purchase while supplies last. Please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2018 SABR Arizona Fall League Experience schedule
Thursday, November 1
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Registration open at The Saguaro hotel
- 12:35 p.m.: Surprise Saguaros at Mesa Solar Sox (optional event; transportation is on your own. This game ticket can also be used for any other AFL game of your choosing.)
- 4:00-6:00 p.m.: Registration open at The Saguaro hotel
- 6:00 p.m.: Walk to Scottsdale Stadium
- 6:35 p.m.: Peoria Javelinas at Scottsdale Scorpions, Scottsdale Stadium
Friday, November 2
- 12:00 p.m.: Walk to Scottsdale Stadium
- 12:35 p.m.: Mesa Solar Sox at Scottsdale Scorpions, Scottsdale Stadium
- 3:30 p.m.: Return to The Saguaro hotel
- 5:30 p.m.: Poolside taco bar dinner at The Saguaro hotel
Saturday, November 3
- 8:00 a.m.: Conference breakfast at The Saguaro hotel
- 9:00 a.m: Hemond-Delhi Arizona Chapter meeting at The Saguaro hotel
- 1:30 p.m.: Lunch on your own
- 3:30 p.m.: Bus leaves The Saguaro hotel for Fall Stars Game in Surprise
- 5:00 p.m.: Fall Stars Game, Surprise Stadium
- Appx. 8:30 p.m.: Bus returns to The Saguaro hotel (after the game)
For stories and photos from past AFL Experiences, click on a link below: