This information is provided as a courtesy to SABR 45 convention attendees and guests by the Palmer House Hilton.
600 E. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
Approximate distance from hotel: 1.3 miles
This 50-acre playground of entertainment, museums, activities, restaurants, and shops is the perfect place for some family fun time. Navy Pier is open year-round; their hours may vary depending on the season. General vendor hours during the summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day) are:
- 10am – 10pm (Sun – Thur)
- 10am – Midnight (Fri – Sat)
Navy Pier Attractions
- Chicago Children’s Museum
- Ferris Wheel
- Smith Museum of Stained Glass
- Summer fireworks (Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- IMAX Theater City Porch (seasonal)
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater
- Amazing Fun House Maze
- Jet Skies at the Pier
- Bike & Roll
- Boat Tours (seasonal) & Dining Cruises
- Pepsi Skyline Stage
- Billy Goat Tavern
- Bubba Gump Shrimp House
- Harry Caray’s Tavern
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Bar/Grill
- Riva’s Crab House
- Landshark Beer Garden
Fare: $2.25 (adult) – $1.10 (children 6-11 yr old)
- Exit at State Street Entrance turn left, walk to the corner and cross the street (Adams).
- At State & Adams (in front of the Bank of America), board Bus #29.
- Insert the bills into the machine & drop the coins or swipe your transit card.
- Exit at the last stop Navy Pier.
- Jazz Record Mart will be on your right
Return to Hotel:
- Exit Navy Pier and turn right.
- Walk north to bus boarding area.
- Board State Bus #29. Insert the exact fare into the machine or swipe your transit card.
- Exit at Monroe, the Hotel will be on your left at Monroe & State.
- Exit Monroe Doors for a taxi
- Approximately 5- 10 minutes, $10 – $12
- Exit at Monroe Street and turn right.
- Walk east & cross Lake Shore Drive (stop lights will allow you to do so) and turn left onto the lake front walking path.
- Proceed north to Navy Pier, approximately 30 minutes.
- Yellow: 312-829-4222
- Flash: 773-561-1444
The Palmer House Hilton is located at 17 East Monroe Street. Call (312) 726-7500 for more information.
Click here to return to SABR 45 transportation tips.
© SABR. All Rights Reserved