© SABR. All Rights Reserved
SABR 45: Registration Information
For complete information about the convention, visit SABR.org/convention.
Hotel: Visit palmerhouse.hilton.com or call (312) 726-7500 to book your room. The SABR group rate is no longer available.
Click a link below or scroll down for more information on SABR 45 registration:
- All-Inclusive Rate
- Regular Rate (a la carte)/Optional events (Cubs game, Baseball Project concert, city tours)
- Single-day registration
- Pre-order your SABR 45 polo/T-shirt online
- How to Register
- To Add a Guest/Spouse
ALL-INCLUSIVE RATEWe’re again offering an all-inclusive rate for the annual SABR convention. SABR members can pay $259 for an all-inclusive package with an Upper Deck Box ticket to the Cubs game or $249 for an all-inclusive package with a Terrace Reserved game ticket — the package is a savings of $44 off the regular rate. Non-members can pay $289 (Upper Deck Box) or $279 (Terrace Reserved) for the all-inclusive rate.Please note: The discounted all-inclusive rate is no longer available. Scroll down to learn more about the regular registration rate.For the all-inclusive rate, you will receive:
- Full registration to SABR 45 in Chicago (regular rate: $199 for SABR members or $232 for non-members)
- Choose: 1 Upper Deck Box ticket to the Cubs vs. Dodgers game on Thursday afternoon, June 25 ($48)
1 Terrace Reserved ticket ($38)
- 1 round-trip ticket on CTA Red Line train to and from Wrigley Field ($6)
- 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon on Friday, June 26 ($50)
The all-inclusive rate DOES NOT INCLUDE any optional events, such as the Downtown Baseball Walking Tour, the Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour, or The Baseball Project at SABR 45 concert. Those tickets must be purchased separately at the SABR Store when you register.Deadline to register at the all-inclusive rate is Friday, May 15, 2015.
REGULAR CONVENTION, SPECIAL EVENT RATES
SABR members and non-members who wish to purchase registration, banquet tickets, game tickets, and other optional events separately can do so at the following rates:Registration
includes access to all panel discussions, research presentations, and committee meetings at the Palmer House Hilton.
- SABR members: $229 (after May 15); the $199 early rate is no longer available
- Non-members: $262 (after May 15); the $232 early rate is no longer available
You also have the option of purchasing tickets for the following optional events:Cubs vs. Dodgers game on Thursday, June 25
On Thursday afternoon, June 25, SABR convention attendees will have the opportunity to visit historic Wrigley Field for a game between the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers.Please note: Our block of Cubs game tickets is no longer available. You can purchase a game ticket on your own by visiting Cubs.com. The SABR block of tickets will be around Aisles 404-406 in the Upper Deck Box-Outfield section, and around Aisles 204-206 in the Terrace Reserved-Outfield Level.Click here for a seating chart at Cubs.com.
- Upper Deck Box: $48
- Terrace Reserved: $38
Transportation: One round-trip ticket to and from Wrigley Field on the CTA Red Line train is included only in the SABR 45 all-inclusive package (see above). If you are purchasing a Cubs game ticket separately through regular registration, you can purchase your CTA fare online ($6 round-trip for a single-ride ticket or $4.50 if you already have a Ventra card) at transitchicago.com or by visiting a Ventra machine in person at any CTA station.CTA directions to Wrigley Field: Northbound trains run approximately every 6-8 minutes from the Monroe Red Line station next to the convention hotel (exit onto State Street, on the west side of the hotel, for the Red Line station.) The Wrigley Field stop is at Addison. To return to the hotel, take the Red Line train south from Addison to the Monroe station. Visit transitchicago.com for complete CTA schedule and fare information. How to pick up your game ticket: You will be able to redeem your game ticket at the registration desk using the chit system. If you do not care with whom you sit, you should turn your chit into your game ticket right away at the hotel. But if you want to sit with a friend, first make sure you have tickets in the same section — the SABR registration desk will not accept exchanges in different sections after you make your purchase — and then wait to turn in your chits at the same time, thereby getting tickets next to one another.
The Baseball Project concert on Thursday, June 25
On Thursday evening, June 25, convention attendees will have a special opportunity to see The Baseball Project in concert in the Grand Ballroom at the Palmer House Hilton.
- Advance tickets: $40 online (after May 15) when you register for SABR 45. Tickets will be available for purchase at $60 on-site during convention registration hours and at the door until the concert venue reaches capacity.
Formed in 2007 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, The Baseball Project is a supergroup that includes veteran musicians Steve Wynn, Linda Pitmon, Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck, and Mike Mills. Buck and Mills are founding members of the R.E.M., one of the best-selling alternative rock bands of all time. Their mutual love of baseball inspired them to record their first album, Volume 1: Frozen Ropes and Dying Quails, in 2008. It includes baseball-themed songs such as “Gratitude (For Curt Flood),” “The Yankee Flipper,” and “The Death of Big Ed Delahanty.” They followed up with Volume 2: High and Inside in 2011, which features the San Francisco Giants World Series-themed hit “Panda and the Freak” along with “Tony (Boston’s Chosen Son)” and “The Straw that Stirs the Drink.” Their third album, 3rd, was released in 2014.To learn more about The Baseball Project, visit their website at thebaseballproject.net.
Awards Banquet on Friday, June 26
- Awards Banquet: $50 Sold out!
If you have special dietary considerations, please contact Deb Jayne at email@example.com.
Chicago Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour on Sunday, June 28
- Fee: $25 Sold out!
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis if a spot opens up.
This bus tour will leave from the hotel and will include drive-bys and stops at sites that hosted professional and semi-professional baseball in Chicago from 1868 through 1990. Sites may include, but are not limited to, White Stocking Park, West Side Grounds, Twenty-third Street Grounds, Excelsior Park, South Side Park, Brotherhood Park, and old Comiskey Park. Participants will all receive a handout with maps and details about the sites being visited. The bus will leave the hotel at 10:00 a.m. and return at approximately 1:00 p.m. The tour is limited to the first 45 people who sign up.
Chicago Downtown Baseball Walking Tour on Wednesday, June 24
- Fee: None (RSVPs only) Sold out!
This magnificent 2- to 3-mile guided walking tour of significant baseball sites in the Downtown Loop will depart from the hotel at 1:00 p.m. and last approximately two and a half hours. The guided tour is limited to the first 40 people who sign up; please RSVP by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. For everyone else, a map and handout will be available at the SABR 45 information table to allow any convention attendees to do it themselves during their stay in Chicago. (Click here to download the walking tour map as a PDF.)
The tour will include stops at the Fisher Building, the Old Colony Building, and the Congress Hotel before we stroll up Michigan Avenue to view the People’s Gas Building, the Chicago Athletic Association, the Jack Brickhouse statue, the Billy Goat Tavern, old White Stocking Park, and other sites along the way. The tour will end at the old Criminal Courts Building and Harry Caray’s Steakhouse, just a few blocks away from the CTA Red Line station at Grand/State, where you can take the “L” back to the hotel (you will be responsible for your own $3 CTA fare) or walk back with us through the heart of the Loop on State Street to the Palmer House Hilton. (This is the difference between the 2.1-mile tour and the 2.9-mile tour.) Another option: Find some SABR friends and stop for lunch on your own at the Billy Goat Tavern or Harry Caray’s Steakhouse.
SINGLE-DAY REGISTRATIONSingle-day registration for SABR 45 can be purchased on-site during convention registration hours. The single-day rate of $99 — which is available for Friday, June 26 and/or Saturday, June 27 — includes admission to all convention panels, research presentations, and committee meetings at the Palmer House Hilton. It can be purchased on-site via cash, check, or credit card (sorry, no American Express accepted.) Please note: Admission to the SABR 45 Awards Banquet and the Donors Breakfast is not included.
Pre-order your SABR 45 polo shirt/T-shirt online
- SABR 45 polo shirt: $35
- SABR 45 T-shirt: $20
Avoid the rush at registration, and pre-order your SABR 45 polo shirt or T-shirt online! Deadline to pre-order: Friday, May 15, 2015. Please indicate shirt size (adult S to XXXL) when you register. Shirts will be available to be picked up when you arrive at SABR 45. Polo shirts are available in Sox black; T-shirts are available in Cubs blue.Please note: A VERY LIMITED number of polo shirts and T-shirts will be available for purchase on-site at SABR 45. To guarantee that you get a SABR 45 shirt, please place your order online by May 15.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SABR 45
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to make it easier for you to register or add guests/spouses for the convention, here are step-by-step instructions on how to register for SABR 45.Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 full registration, 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon, 1 ticket to the Cubs vs. Dodgers game on Thursday afternoon (choose Upper Deck Box or Terrace Reserved), and 1 CTA round-trip ticket.
- 1) Click here to go to the SABR Store.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: Select your registration rate — All-Inclusive or Regular Registration.
(Please note: The all-inclusive packages are no longer available.)
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: You can now add any of our optional events here: the Awards Luncheon*, the Cubs game ticket* in the section of your choice (Upper Deck Box or Terrace Reserved), the Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour, or The Baseball Project concert.
* Reminder: 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon, 1 Cubs game ticket, and 1 CTA round-trip ticket is included in the All-Inclusive package.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your own badge information, including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a guest(s) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button. See further instructions below*. If you wish to check out — click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
- 5) Checkout (Step 1 of 2): Verify that your registration information is correct and scroll down to fill out your billing information. Then click the “Proceed to Confirmation” button.
- 6) Checkout (Step 2 of 2): If everything on the screen is correct — click “Complete Order”. Your credit card will not be charged until you complete the checkout process.
TO ADD A GUEST/SPOUSE TO BANQUET AND GAME
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon, 1 ticket to the Cubs vs. Dodgers game on Thursday afternoon, and 1 CTA round-trip ticket.If you wish to purchase an additional game, banquet, or off-site tour ticket for a guest or spouse, here’s how:
- 1) Follow steps 1-4 above. Then select the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button.
- 2) Choose your required event ticket: To add a guest for only the game, banquet, or off-site tour, select the “Guest-Only (Optional Ticket)” button for $0. If your guest would like to register for the entire convention, you can choose either the All-Inclusive or Regular Rate.
- 3) Choose your optional tickets: Select one or more events for your guest to attend: the Awards Luncheon, Cubs game ticket, the Historical Ballpark Sites Bus Tour, and/or The Baseball Project concert.
- 4) Registration Information: Fill out your guest’s badge information (Attendee #2), including name, city/state, email address, phone number, number of annual conventions attended and first-time attendee. If you wish to add a third guest (Attendee #3) — click the “Save & Add Another Attendee” button again and repeat this process. When you are ready to check out, click the “Save & Proceed to Checkout” button.
Please note: The optional Cubs game ticket does NOT include a CTA train ticket. You can purchase your CTA fare online ($6 round-trip for a single-ride ticket or $4.50 if you already have a Ventra card) at transitchicago.com or by visiting a Ventra machine in person at any CTA station.
If you have trouble registering for SABR 45, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complete information about the SABR 45 convention, visit SABR.org/convention.