NOVEMBER 4, 2021 — The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum’s class of 2021, which consists of 16 individuals and one team, will be inducted in a virtual ceremony at 7:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 16.
Along with the induction ceremony, the winners of the 2019 and 2020 Jack Graney Award, handed out annually for media excellence, and the James Tip O’Neill Award, which is presented to the top Canadian player each year, will be honored.
To watch the ceremonies, please click here to register. Registration is free to all baseball fans.
The class of 2021 includes trailblazing players, executives, an umpire and an international championship winning team. Click on a link below to read articles from the SABR Research Collection:
- Bob Addy, player, Port Hope, ON
- James F. Cairns, executive, Lawrenceville, QC
- Helen Callaghan, player, Vancouver, BC
- Jimmy Claxton, player, Wellington, BC
- Charlie Culver, player and manager, Buffalo, NY
- William Galloway, player, Buffalo, NY
- Roland Gladu, player and scout, Montreal, QC
- Vern Handrahan, player, Charlottetown, PEI
- Manny McIntyre, player, Devon, NB
- Joe Page, executive, London, ENG
- Ernie Quigley, umpire, Newcastle, NB
- Hector Racine, executive, La Prairie, QC
- Jimmy Rattlesnake, player, Hobbema (Maskwacis), AB
- Jean-Pierre Roy, player and broadcaster, Montreal, QC
- Fred Thomas, player, Windsor, ON
- Roy Yamamura, player and executive, Vancouver, BC
- 1877 London Tecumsehs, International Association championship-winning team, London, ON
The 16 individual inductees, all of whom are deceased, and one team were selected by a six-person Committee comprised of Canadian baseball historians from across the country.
Visit baseballhalloffame.ca to learn more.
Originally published: November 4, 2021. Last Updated: November 4, 2021.