In 2017, SABR’s Women in Baseball Committee established the Dorothy Seymour Mills Lifetime Achievement Award — “The Dorothy” — named in honor of Dorothy Seymour Mills and her lifetime of contributions to promoting women’s baseball.
Eligible candidates include any person with a sustained involvement in women’s baseball or any woman with a longtime involvement in baseball in any fashion — player, umpire, writer, executive, team owner, scout, etc. Candidates do not have to be living; it can be awarded posthumously. Self-nominations are accepted.
To learn more about the legendary baseball historian Dorothy Seymour Mills, click here.
To submit a nomination for The Dorothy in 2021, please submit a letter of nomination (self or external); supporting letters; list of accomplishments with supporting documentation (including articles written by/about the candidate; book reviews for books written; links to organizations/tournaments/others that the candidate participated in or helped organize); awards received; or other achievements by May 31, 2021, to Dr. Leslie Heaphy by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Dr. Leslie Heaphy, KSU at Stark, 6000 Frank Ave., North Canton, OH 44720.
- Bob Davids Award
- Henry Chadwick Award
- Seymour Medal
- SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards
- SABR Baseball Research Award
- McFarland-SABR Baseball Research Award
- Doug Pappas Award
- Jack Kavanagh Award
- Dorothy Seymour Mills Lifetime Achievement Award (Women in Baseball)
- George Michael Award (Pictorial History)
- Jefferson Burdick Award (Baseball Cards)
- Larry Ritter Book Award (Deadball Era)
- Lee Allen Award (National History Day)
- Roland Hemond Award (Scouts)
- Ron Gabriel Award (Brooklyn Dodgers)