© SABR. All Rights Reserved
Couldn’t make it to Long Beach for SABR 41? Every day during the convention, we brought you more on-site, online coverage than ever before of our premier annual event.
You’ll feel like you were wandering the convention area at the Hilton with stories and interviews with featured speakers, audio from all five panel discussions, photo galleries from throughout the week, and more.
The 2011 convention — July 6-10 at the Long Beach Hilton in Southern California — was SABR’s 41st general meeting; SABR’s founding in Cooperstown in 1971 is counted as the first. Both SABR members and non-members are welcome to any annual convention. With three full days of research presentations and two major league games (both the Angels and the Dodgers), all baseball fans and researchers could find something to enjoy.
Here are some of the highlights from SABR 41:
For more information on SABR 41, click one of the links below:
- Around the Web: Read a compilation of articles of post-convention recaps from SABR members and other media outlets
- Film Festival: Check out the schedule for our weeklong Film Festival held during the convention.
- Photo galleries: View photos from each day of the convention.
- Poster presentations: Abstracts and presenter bios for the 10 posters that were on display in the hotel lobby.
- Research presentations: Abstracts and presenter bios for each of the 30 presentations.
- Trivia Contest: Follow along with Saturday’s Trivia Contest finals with an archive of our live chat from that night.
If you like what you see here, we hope you’ll join us next year for SABR 42 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Thanks for your support of SABR!
SABR co-founder and director Tom Hufford welcomes convention attendees with an impromptu performance of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” on the piano in the hotel the night before SABR 41 begins: