Each year, the leadership of the SABR Nineteenth Century Research Committee selects the recipients of its Chairman's Award. These members have lent their time and energy to enhancing our understanding of 19th-century baseball and in service to the committee.
Here are the recipients of the Chairman's Award:
- Matt Albertson, who was the key person behind the committee’s Facebook page launch and who also led the effort to have Philadelphia’s Jefferson Street Grounds declared a Pennsylvania Historic Site.
- Jeremy Hodges, for his dedicated, professional and sucessful service as Editor-in-Chief of Part One (1858-1875) of the Nineteenth Century Committee's book project, Baseball's 19th Century Winter Meetings.
- Bob Gregory, Charter Member, Overlooked 19th Century Baseball Legends Committee and Charter Chair, 19th Century Grave Marker Project
- Ralph Carhart, for critical support of Negro Leagues Committee Grave Marker Project dedication for Hall of Famer Sol White
- Don Jensen, organizer/leader, Madison Square District Walking Tour, NYC 19cBB Interdisciplinary Symposium
- John Zinn, co-organizer and co-host (Origins Committee), NYC 19cBB Interdisciplinary Symposium
- Adam Darowski, Chairman, Overlooked 19th Century Baseball Legends Committee
- Jim Overmyer, for providing critical logistic support to Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference
- Bill Ryczek, Editor, Pioneer Project, Base Ball Pioneers: 1850-1870
- Marty Tangel, Organizer, 150th Anniversary Remembrance of Jim Creighton's death
- Joanne Hulbert, recovery of Nineteenth Century Committee's American Association History Project research papers
- Trent McCotter, digitization of American Association History Project research papers
- Bill Felber, Editor, Inventing Baseball: The 100 Greatest Games of the 19th Century
- Peter Morris, Initiator, Editor, Pioneer Project, Base Ball Founders
- Jerry Kuntz, Leader, How to Do 19th Century Baseball Research Project
- Joe Williams, Charter Chair, Overlooked 19th Century Baseball Legends Committee
- Bob Bailey, Vice-Chair, Newsletter Editor and Committee Leadership