Allan Wood is the author of Babe Ruth and the 1918 Red Sox. He also writes the blog “The Joy of Sox”.
Allan Wood is the author of Babe Ruth and the 1918 Red Sox and the co-author of Don’t Let Us Win Tonight: An Oral History of the 2004 Boston Red Sox’s Impossible Playoff Run. He has also written the blog “The Joy of Sox” since 2003. Allan has been writing professionally since age 16, first as a sportswriter in Vermont, then as a music critic in New York City. His writing has appeared in numerous publications, including Baseball America, Rolling Stone, and Newsday. He has contributed to six SABR books as both a writer and editor. He lives in Ontario, Canada.
SABR BioProject biographies written by Allan Wood
SABR Games Project stories written by Allan Wood
- October 15, 1986: Red Sox complete epic ALCS comeback over Angels
- October 14, 1986: Barrett continues hot streak as Red Sox roll in Game Six
- October 12, 1986: Dave Henderson’s homer keeps Red Sox hopes alive in Game Five
- October 11, 1986: Angels move one win closer to World Series
- October 10, 1986: Late rally lifts Angels to Game Three win over Red Sox
- October 8, 1986: Sun shines on Red Sox in ALCS Game Two
- October 7, 1986: Angels roar to win in ALCS opener
SABR Journal Articles written by Allan Wood
SABR Research Topics written by Allan Wood
SABR Research Articles written by Allan Wood
SABR Ballparks written by Allan Wood