Luis A. Blandón Jr., a Washington, DC native, is a producer, writer and researcher in video and documentary film production and in archival, manuscript, historical, film and image research. His creative storytelling has garnered numerous awards, including three regional Emmys, regional and national Edward R. Murrow Awards, two TELLY awards and a New York Festival World Medal. He has served as the principal researcher for several books, including The League of Wives by Heath Hardage Lee, and is now working on her current biography project on First Lady Pat Nixon. Blandon is also serving as a consultant on a documentary film project for the United States Naval Academy’s Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership on the Vietnam War POWs and leadership. He worked as a producer and/or researcher on several documentaries including Jeremiah; Feast Your Ears: The Story of WHFS 102.3; and #GeorgeWashington. Most recently, he was co-producer of the documentary The Lost Battalion. He was Senior Researcher and Manager of the Story Development Team for two national programs for Retirement Living Television, and has worked as a historian for two public policy research firms, Morgan Angel & Associates and MLL Consulting LLC. He has a Masters of Arts in International Affairs from the George Washington University.
SABR BioProject biographies written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.
SABR Games Project stories written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.
- September 26, 2011: Michael Morse’s clutch 9th-inning homer seals victory for Atahualpa Severino
- August 1, 2009: Winston-Salem Dash shut out Potomac Nationals, 5-0
- September 25, 1974: Orioles rally in 9th to beat Mickey Lolich and Tigers
- September 22, 1969: Willie Mays hits his 600th homer and Frank Torre can go home now
- June 26, 1928: Red Barnes becomes first Senator to hit two home runs in cavernous Griffith Stadium
- September 4, 1921: Braves’ Oeschger, Southworth derail Giants’ road to the pennant
- August 3, 1921: Cubs split doubleheader as manager Johnny Evers faces health questions
- May 11, 1921: Donie Bush’s daring baserunning gives Tigers a late win over Yankees
SABR Journal Articles written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.
SABR Research Topics written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.
SABR Research Articles written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.
SABR Ballparks written by Luis A. Blandón Jr.