Thomas J. Brown Jr. is a lifelong Mets fan who became a Durham Bulls fan after moving to North Carolina in the early 1980s. He was a national board certified high school science teacher for 34 years before retiring in 2016. Tom still volunteers with the ELL students at his former high school, serving as a mentor to those students and the teachers who are now working with them. He also provides support and guidance for his former ELL students when they embark on different career paths after graduation. Tom has been a member of S.A.B.R. since 1995 when he learned about the organization during a visit to Cooperstown on his honeymoon. He has become active in the organization since his retirement and has written numerous biographies and game stories, mostly about the NY Mets. Tom also enjoys traveling as much as possible with his wife and has visited major league and minor league baseball parks across the country on his many trips. He also loves to cook and makes all the meals for at his house while writing about those meals on his blog, Cooking and My Family.
SABR BioProject biographies written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Games Project stories written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
- October 30, 2015: Syndergaard, Mets stop Royals in Game Three
- October 28, 2015: Dominant Cueto leads Royals past Mets in Game 2
- October 27, 2015: Royals outlast Mets in 14-inning World Series marathon
- October 7, 2015: Pirates lose to Cubs, Arrieta in National League Wild Card Game
- June 13-18, 2012: R.A. Dickey pitches consecutive one-hitters
- June 1, 2012: Johan Santana delivers Mets’ first no-hitter
- May 8, 2012: Rangers’ Josh Hamilton hits four homers in one game
- April 6, 2012: Pena’s walk-off single lifts Rays over Yankees on Opening Day
- June 19, 2009: Cubs rally from down 7-0 to down Cleveland
- April 17, 2009: Gary Sheffield hits 500th career home run
- September 27, 2008: Johan Santana’s complete game keeps Mets alive for one more day
- June 27, 2008: Carlos Delgado sets Mets record with 9 RBIs in opener at Yankee Stadium
- September 29, 2007: Maine, Mets beat Marlins 13-0 to stay tied for division lead
- October 19, 2006: Cardinals beat Mets in Game 7 on Molina homer
- October 7, 2006: Mets rally to sweep Dodgers in NLDS
SABR Journal Articles written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Research Topics written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Research Articles written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Ballparks written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.