Dr. John J. Burbridge Jr. is currently Professor Emeritus at Elon University where he was both a dean and professor. He is also an adjunct at York College of Pennsylvania. While at Elon he introduced and taught Baseball and Statistics. He has authored several publications and also presented at SABR Conventions, NINE and the Seymour meetings. He is a lifelong New York Giants baseball fan. The greatest Giants-Dodgers game he attended was a 1-0 Giants’ victory in Jersey City in 1956. Yes, the Dodgers did play in Jersey City in 1956 and 1957. John can be reached at email@example.com.
SABR BioProject biographies written by John J. Burbridge Jr.
SABR Games Project stories written by John J. Burbridge Jr.
- September 1, 1957: Willie Mays homers in New York Giants’ last game at Ebbets Field
- August 7, 1957: Giants beat Dodgers in Jersey City on Hank Sauer’s pinch-hit homer
- August 15, 1956: Giants’ Antonelli outduels Dodgers’ Newcombe in Jersey City
- April 19, 1956: Dodgers defeat Phillies in Jersey City opener
- April 23, 1955: Giants, Al Dark confront Jackie Robinson at Ebbets Field
- June 15, 1952: Giants defeat Cardinals in seven innings after loss in opener
- June 15, 1952: Giants blow 11-run lead, lose to Cardinals
- September 30, 1951: Giants defeat Braves to set up playoff for NL pennant
- August 27, 1921: Giants beat Pirates 3-1 to complete 5-game sweep
- August 24, 1921: Giants close gap on Pirates with 10-2 win in doubleheader opener
SABR Journal Articles written by John J. Burbridge Jr.
SABR Research Topics written by John J. Burbridge Jr.
SABR Research Articles written by John J. Burbridge Jr.
SABR Ballparks written by John J. Burbridge Jr.