Thomas J. Brown Jr. is a lifelong Mets fan who became a Durham Bulls fan after moving to North Carolina in the early 1980s. He was a national board certified high school science teacher for 34 years before retiring in 2016. Tom still volunteers with the ELL students at his former high school, serving as a mentor to those students and the teachers who are now working with them. He also provides support and guidance for his former ELL students when they embark on different career paths after graduation. Tom has been a member of S.A.B.R. since 1995 when he learned about the organization during a visit to Cooperstown on his honeymoon. He has become active in the organization since his retirement and has written numerous biographies and game stories, mostly about the NY Mets. Tom also enjoys traveling as much as possible with his wife and has visited major league and minor league baseball parks across the country on his many trips. He also loves to cook and makes all the meals for at his house while writing about those meals on his blog, Cooking and My Family.
SABR BioProject biographies written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Games Project stories written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
- October 24, 2020: Brett Phillips’s walk-off hit lifts Rays over Dodgers in Game 4
- September 28, 2019: Mets’ Pete Alonso sets rookie mark with 53rd home run
- August 23, 2019: Braves beat Mets despite deGrom’s pitching and hitting
- July 25, 2019: Long Island Ducks win in first Atlantic League game using computer to call balls and strikes
- September 29, 2018: David Wright plays his final game with Mets
- August 18, 2018: Jacob deGrom pitches only complete game of his Cy Young Award-winning season
- August 10, 2018: Rome Braves win in 10th after a two-pitch complete inning
- September 15, 2017: Rays drop first home game after Hurricane Irma
- June 6, 2017: Scooter Gennett hits four home runs against Cardinals
- October 25, 2016: Kluber leads Indians’ 6-0 shutout of Cubs in World Series opener
- September 25, 2016: Mets claim their largest shutout victory, 17-0 over Phillies
- April 26, 2016: Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen hits three home runs at Coors Field
- November 1, 2015: Royals rally in 12th inning to win World Series
- October 31, 2015: Royals rally to beat Mets and take 3-1 lead in World Series
- October 30, 2015: Syndergaard, Mets stop Royals in Game Three
SABR Journal Articles written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Research Topics written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Research Articles written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.
SABR Ballparks written by Thomas J. Brown Jr.